WHO WE ARE
Griffin & Strong, P.C. (GSPC) is an Atlanta, Georgia-based professional corporation that focuses on law and public policy consulting. The firm was organized in 1992, incorporated in June, 1996, and has been in business continuously since that time—over twenty years. Griffin & Strong, P.C. has methodically built its experience and reputation in the area of public policy consulting and has conducted disparity studies, led public hearings, drafted legislation, and evaluated programs for numerous jurisdictions. GSPC is unique in that it is a law firm with a public policy consulting division whose sole focus is disparity research and DBE/MBE/WBE program analysis and development. Therefore, we are suited to analyze and respond to the current legal climate which confronts governmental efforts to ensure that all citizens are given an equal opportunity to compete in the area of public contracting.
We have performed disparity studies and other public policy and consulting services for these jurisdictions:
- Atlanta (GA) Public Schools
- Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games
- City of Atlanta, Georgia
- City of Cincinnati, Ohio
- City of Columbus, Ohio
- City of Durham, North Carolina
- City of Jackson, Mississippi
- City of Memphis, Tennessee
- City of Phoenix, Arizona
- City of Savannah, Georgia
- City of St. Louis, Missouri
- Clark County, Nevada
- Clayton County, Georgia
- Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Cuyahoga County, Ohio
- Dekalb County, Georgia
- Durham County, North Carolina
- Fulton County, Georgia
- Fulton County-City Atlanta Landbank Authority
- Georgia Department of Transportation
- Georgia Lottery
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Houston Metropolitan Transit
- Jackson (MS) Municipal Airport Authority
- Jackson (MS) Public School District
- Living Cities – City Accelerator 4
- Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
- Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority
- Montgomery County, Maryland
- Nashville Airport Authority
- New Orleans (LA) Aviation Board
- Newark, New Jersey Consortium
- Richmond County, Georgia
- State of Georgia Department of Administrative Services
- State of Tennessee
- Tennessee Valley
Rodney K. Strong, Esq. CEO, - Project Executive
- Former Director of Contract Compliance for the City of Atlanta, GA
- Nationally recognized expert in area of disparity research & supplier diversity program development.
- Project Manager for the first major post-Croson disparity study
- Principal architect of the City of Atlanta’s EBO Program, which became the national model for post-Croson MBE programs
- Invited to testify before the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship
Michele Clark Jenkins. Sr. Director, Consulting Group - Project Manager
- Sr. Director of GSPC Consulting Division
- Experienced legal researcher, writer, and business consultant. Has particular expertise in contracts and business structure.
- Certified in Project Management & expertise in database management with 25 years in corporate business management and strategic planning
- Project manager on 15 GSPC studies, 4 goal- settings for Georgia DOT, 3 goal-settings for Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Inter’l Airport, and 3 benchmarks for Metro Nashville Government
- Graduate of Princeton University and NY Law School
- Certificate in Negotiations from Harvard University
Dr. J. Vincent Eagan – Policy Advisor
- Served on over 120 disparity studies since 1993
- Successful expert witness in six cases involving minority business programs.
- In two cases, Dr. Eagan’s testimony upheld disparity studies at the federal circuit court level, including Rowe v. Tippett, which governs disparity studies in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit where Greensboro is located.
- Has a J.D. from Harvard University, and a Ph.D and M.A. in Economics from Georgia State University.
Sterling J. Johnson, Consultant – Deputy Project Manager
- Currently serving as Project Manager for Living Cities Cohort on Procurement for Inclusive Economic Opportunity.
- Served as Deputy Project Manager on 5 disparity studies.
- Skilled in Social Sciences, Administration, Program Development, Planning, Data Analysis, and Quantitative and Qualitative Research. Has conducted written analysis of qualitative data and policy analysis.
- Holds B.A. in Sociology from Furman University and M.P.A. with focus in Economic Development and Planning from Georgia State University.
Imani Strong-Tucker, Consultant – Anecdotal Research Analyst
- Has worked with GSPC’s consulting division in data collection, project management, and anecdotal analysis on 10 major public contracts
- Responsible for review, revision and coordination of anecdotal evidence collection processes.
- Skilled in anecdotal analysis, planning, reporting, writing project narratives, and social media outreach
- Trained in the social sciences at Mount Holyoke College (BA, summa cum laude) and the University of Oxford (MSc. Social Anthropology). Current PhD. candidate at London School of Economics.
Dr. Gregory Price – Sr. Economist
- Professor, Economics, Morehouse College.
- Previously served as Chairman of the Department of Economics at Morehouse College and interim Dean of Business School at Langston University.
- Has both a PhD. And M.A. in Economics from the University of Milwaukee-Wisconsin.
- Skilled Econometrician and Applied Theorist. Experienced in Economic Forensics
- Over 15 years of experience in conducting economic analysis of discrimination and disparity of employment, private sector contracting, lending and public contracting.
David J. Maher, Esq – Legal Research Analyst
- Experienced Attorney and Partner with Griffin & Strong’s legal division. Provides general counsel and legal review.
- Litigation specialist with over 20 Years of Experience
- Extensive experience across a wide variety of practice areas, including corporate defense, litigation support, civil appeals and general counsel
- Drafted legal analysis for 6 disparity studies.
- Earned Juris Doctorate w/ High Honors from Florida State University College of Law
Susan G. Johnson, Project Administrator – Director of Corporate Communications and Human Resources
- Top notch contract compliance professional with extensive public and private sector experience.
- Significant history in public contracting with the City of Atlanta.
- Responsible for contract administration
- Holds two Master’s degrees from Georgia State University, in Human Resource Management and Urban Government Administration
Felicia Loetscher - Data Analyst
- Data Analyst for Griffin & Strong P.C., Ms. Loetscher has a background in Mathematics (B.S. in Mathematics from Kennesaw State University)
- Has served as Data Analyst for 6 disparity studies and a benchmarking assessment conducted by Griffin and Strong.
- Experienced both in statistical analysis and quantitative data software.